In deciding that reading the Derailed By Darry anime blog borders on excruciating without some form of alcohol to make it actually funny, I’ve decided to devise a drinking game for anyone willing to take the plunge into that most unique of websites. The best part of it is that Jason’s predictable style of writing lends itself perfectly to the common form of drinking games. I received the inspiration for this idea after watching the excellent restaurant comedy Waiting again with it’s odd little game for passing the time at the grind that is working in a restaurant. I hope that this game might catch on so that all of us might partake of the familiarity that is a Jason Miao article. Without further ado here are the rules:
Anytime Jason uses one of the following phrases take one sip:
- Emo Facial Distortions
- Sunrise Trainwreck
- These are my readers
- Ms. Wang
- Sergay Wang
- Darry’s Ass
- Anytime Jason uses a meme that is currently overused take one sip
- Anytime Jason suggests Kyoto Animation should remake something take one sip (Special Rule: If it’s something that there is no conceivable way they could or would possibly ever be able to consider remaking then finish your drink)
- Anytime Jason makes an obscure reference to football take one sip (Special Rule: If it is a particularly awkard segue then finish your drink)
- Anytime Jason makes an overtly sexual reference about a characters anatomy out of the blue, take two sips.
Just WTF Rules:
- Anytime Jason makes a barely tangible comparison between an event/character/plot point in an anime he’s watching with another one take a sip. (Special Rule: If he continues to do it for the duration of said series and the event/character/plot continues to differentiate from the one he mentioned, cumulatively increase the sip count each time he does it)
- If Jason repeats the same phrase or chant over and over again consecutively in one or more continous paragraphs then have an entire case.
- For every non sequitir Jason uses take one sip.
- Everytime Jason ends a paragraph with the same phrase in an article, take two sips.
- Everytime Jason suggests the writers of Sunrise and/or Gonzo are incompetent writers take three sips (Special Rule: If in doing so he makes an improbably leap of logic then finish the drink)
- Everytime Jason just plain ignores something in order to crank out a meme or favourite talking point, take two sips (Special Rule: If he actually has to twist a fact or misrepresent something to get out the meme or talking point then finish your drink)
- If Jason starts giving advice on how to write well then down a case
Once In A Blue Moon Rules:
- If Jason’s articles start making profound sense then stop drinking and consult your nearest doctor, you have alcohol poisoning and need your stomach pumped.
- If Jason actually manages to verbally change his opinion on something given overwhelming evidence to the contrary of his previous opinion then down a kegger.
- If Jason ever suggests that Sunrise has done a good job with anything, run to your nearest liquor store and down everything in it.
(c) Kaioshin Sama, 2008
21 points, 18 ways in which you are probably going to get totally freaking wasted if you actually try to play this game. I take no responsibility for any personal injury this game causes people if they decide to go through with it. If you do though I recommend you have a close friend near by to catch you when you hit the floor about halfway through your reading.