This is in relation to a Code Geass spoiler in the TV guide so if you do not want to read any further then don’t. For now I am just going to type a few things so that the animeblogger antenna doesn’t record the spoilers I’m going to mention anyway. So how’s the weather where everyone else is living. Here it’s really hot and to add insult to injury my air conditioning isn’t working. That’s pretty lame. The moisture is also up there as well. At least it’s stopped raining all the time. Okay that should be enough.
So as some people may already know, one of the TV Guides listing Code Geass R2 Episode 23 mentions that Nunally who was thought to be dead is now alive and revealed to be “allied” with Schneizel “against” Lelouch. This caused a massive shitstorm from noted Internet Commentator Les Whinin as all developments do now with R2 and people started once again claiming “Oh….Oh no oh dear this doesn’t make sense, there’s no way she could have survived, oh my poor brain is fried”, “Lol this is Sunrise. lolololol”, “Look everybody, this screenshot says that Fleija transferred them to another space. That’s lololololol!”, “Hahahaha! Lol that’s so stupid, why did they do this! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!” and so on. Well I think Internet Commentator Les Whinin oughta do a little More Thinkin and a little Les Whinin. You see, I already had a theory long before this on how she could reasonably be alive. So for the people that give a damn about actual working theory versus engaging in lolfests (and I’m sure you do exist), here it is again for your convenience.
Klashikari mentioned that there was something odd about the whole ship set-up with Rohmeyer and Nunally when he watched it, and from looking at the scenes again (and again), I think she (or rather Schneizel) pulled a decoy maneuver and Nunally’s ship was actually just outside the area of the explosion. Here’s why:
Make Haste To Follow The Ninja!
– Sayoko’s team had gone in ahead of Rolo’s by the 3:58 time count and he was planning to rendevouz with Sayoko after finding Nunally
The Chipmunk On A Wheel Will Not Last The Night! And Brother Shall Be Mine Forever More! AHAHAHA!
-By the 7:00 time count Rolo had still not located Nunally
Because You Can’t….Oh Wait…Off Colour
Well Do It Anyway?
Hmmmm…So If Schneizel Was Supervising Nunally’s Evacuation, And Now She’s Supposed To Have Resurfaced Under His Protection By Episode 23….Don’t You Folks Call That “JUST AS PLANNED” Or Something?
-At the 7:30 mark Rohmeyer is having Nunally forcibly evacuated
Actually Not Quite, She’s Being Loaded Onto It As We’ll See In A Second
No Escape Until They Have Power…..Makes Sense
Knigtmare’s Also Make A Good Target For Would Be Assassin’s To Hijack And Kill Little Governor’s…..And What’s That…..What’s That Behind The Ship Nunally Is Getting On? Why It’s Another Vessel Of The Same Class As Nunally’s Escape Vessel. So If Rohmeyer Is Staying Behind…..For Now And Shows Up On A Ship Later…..Hmmmmm
– When Rohmeyer is having Nunally loaded on to the ship despite her protests she mentions something about sending Nunally on ahead of her as per an order by Schneizel in one of those general evacuations of high ranking officials. She also mentions something about a lack of KF escorts so as to not draw any attention to the ship. We never see Rohmeyer board the ship Nunally’s on and she mentions that as soon as the Gefujion disturbers are taken care of that Nunally’s ship will leave the area. This happens at 9:30.
You! Get The Hot Loli Of Escape Vessel To DIe!
-At 10:00 Sayoko has released Karen and is moving on to rendevouz with Rolo
-At 10:30 the distubers are disabled which means Nunally’s ship should be taking off like a rocket
Either Britannia Has The Slowest Emergency Escape Plan For A Dignitary Ever Or Nunally’s Ship Already Left And This Is A Different One
Well There’s Angry Woman, But What About Nunally?
Knightmare Frames? What Happened To Rohmeyer’s No Knightmare Frames Because It Would Draw To Much Attention?
Wait? Why Would They Want To Draw Attention To The Ship Now? ARRRRGH THIS MAKES NO SENSE! THE ONLY REASON I WATCH THIS SHOW NOW IS BECAUSE…..Actually It’s A Time Honoured Decoy Tactic
– No later then 8 minutes afterward at 18:10 “Nunally’s ship” with Rohmeyer “on it” appears to ”STILL” be in the docking bay as Rolo approaches it, and there also appears to be a complement of KF’s ready to take of to escort it, which Rohmeyer said was not going to happen with Nunally’s ship. Rohmeyer is also sitting in the right hand seat. How could Britannia screw things up this bad and appear to take so long?
Just Walked Right Past Rolo Eh? Where’s Rohmeyer?
– At 19:20 Sayoko barges in on Nunally with a complement of men. Rohmeyer doesn’t appear to respond to any sort of intrusion if she were there and one has to wonder why Sayoko didn’t rendevouz with Rolo as they should have passed each other on the way to the ship by this point and met up in the hangar. No recognition that they met up at all.
Rolo: If I Think The Bomb Has Killed The Girl…..Hmmmmmm
– At 20:20 Rolo’s in one of the KF’s for gods sake. What’s he doing in that. Ready to shoot at the ship Rohmeyer’s in? How did he and Sayoko not see each other. Anyway it’s at this point the kid definitely makes a run for it.
Shouldn’t Rohmeyer Be Sitting On The Right?
– At 20:37 Sayoko is standing beside Nunally. Rohmeyer still appears to not have responded and…..she isn’t even in the right hand seat…
Why Are I Now In The Seat Here? When Are I Get To React To Girl And Maid?
Nunally: Why Am I Not Responding To Rohmeyer? I Can’t Die, I’m Too Important…..
– At 20:41 Rohmeyer is in the right hand seat, still hasn’t responded to any sort of intrusion and looks toast.
– At 21:40 Rolo claims to Lelouch that Nunally is dead.
So what the fuck eh? How does this make sense when there’s so much contradictions. I KNOW! IT MUST BE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD WRITING! IT MUST, BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN’T MAKE SENSE OF IT AND IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF PLOT HOLES! Ahem…..well my theory is simple actually. After Sayoko rescued Karen she went on ahead to find Nunally and to try and Rendevouz with Rolo and found the ship Nunally was on. Around the same time the Gefujion disturbers were disabled and Nunally’s ship left with Sayoko and her men aboard. She never passed Rolo because he hadn’t even reached the hangar yet. Eight minutes later Rohmeyer is on a decoy ship with KF’s to make it look like the governor general is aboard and Rolo walks in to find the ship, assuming reasonably that Nunally is on it he commandeers a KF to try and blow up the ship and kill her. Meanwhile Sayoko barges in on Nunally in the ship she’s really on and Rohmeyer doesn’t respond at all because she’s actually on the decoy back in the hangar. Nunally’s ship is probably just outside the area by this point. When the bomb goes off Rohmeyer is caught in it in her decoy ship and goes up in a ball of flames. Rolo has run away once he thinks he knows what’s going on with Fleija (whatever it’s called) and somehow made it to safety. How I’m not sure as that thing had a pretty big blast radius. So when he reports to Rolo he talks about the ship Rohmeyer is on and really isn’t lying when he says Nunally is dead, because he honestly thinks she is. In reality I think she’s okay and with Sayoko elsewhere. Though that elsewhere might be in Schneizel’s clutches.
Well that’s my theory and for now it seems to make sense at least to me unless I missed something. We’ll see if it gets proven or not in the coming episodes. Why make it look like Nunally died though? Well a) character development reasons and b) because. And not to mention that despite all the clues they had people convinced with a claim on a website. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I trust my own eyes before I trust a website and I always suspected bullshit from the homepage. That and it kind of insulted my intelligence a little too much. Considering they can spin it so that it’s from what we believe know as of a particular episode (and it’s not like they ever tried to claim otherwise going by the up to the minute nature of the correlative page on character’s status) I hold that page up to constant skepticism.
So anyway, what do I envision as a resolution for the little blind girl now that she’s alive. Well simple really. After it’s all said and done I imagine Jeremiah in one last act of loyalty to her using his Geass Canceller to let her see again. And the first thing she sees when she opens her eyes? Her brother, for the first time in 8 years. Give me that moment Okuchi and I will give you the nod.