- Please stop posting your Haruhi episode order theory lists. Nobody actually knows the full breakdown of the episode order because somebody never bothered to make it official. Plus nobody can predict the future, not even me. How about some discussion on the episodes that we do have?
- While you’re at it stop telling me that “The God Empress” (or whatever name you want to call Haruhi) is back with a caption from the show as some sort of required proof. It’s like this you see…..I know already okay *gasp* . Tell me what you think about it, I’m all ears, but not that it happened because we’ve been past that point for about a month.
- Enough with the character marriage list thing from 2ch and trying to analyze it as a source of scientifically confirmed data. We might like to believe that these character marriage lists were based in some kind of forethought on the otaku’s part, but let’s just get real for a second here now, they are popularity polls. On the girl’s side you have the popular shonen characters and on the men’s side you have the popular moe characters. It’s a snapshot of a singular point in time, an uncontrolled study and very likely not even a proper cross section of the otaku population at that. In short fun times, but please just stop trying to attach any sort of significance to it.
- Please stop telling me how hot Megan Fox is when splayed out over the hood of a car. I’ve seen the picture, I get the idea here, but if all I cared about when watching my crappy incoherent over the top action blockbuster movie was a girl’s breasts then I would get myself a poster. Though in all honesty I’ve gotta level here, I find Megan Fox entirely unattractive. Shocking I suppose….
- Please stop trying to convince me that x company is trolling you, are the biggest trolls, whatever. Companies make boneheaded marketing decisions all the time, shit happens, doesn’t mean they’re out there pulling a 4chan on you. If they have a term for what they are doing (and by god I really hope they do and it’s as awesome as the one I’m about to come up with) then it’s probably some kind of business jargon and not netspeak, so let’s start calling what it is. Telecommunication Restriction Operations Limiting Liability In Necessary Groups.
- Please stop telling me that I need to read the source material for an adapation to truly appreciate a given show. If the show has something to prove I’m sure it can do it on it’s own without the help of its source work. After all that’s the point of an adaptation, to transfer the content from one medium to another in a manner that makes the media content itself workable within that new context, be it a movie, a TV show, an audio drama, a game, or whatever. If I need to know the source material before watching something then something has obviously gone wrong in this adaptation process.
- Finally please stop telling me that x show should be granted immunity from my analysis because it is what it is. No duh a show is what it is, I’d be kind of bewildered if it wasn’t and I’m sure the fabric of space and time would rip apart from the resulting contradiction of realities, but more importantly and since I digress I’ll just say that it’s kind of beside the point. A show being something doesn’t necessarily mean I find it entirely good at being that something, nor does it mean that I afford it an immediate dismissal either. Taking things as they come and evaluating them on those grounds with an injection of personal preference (and a handful of media courses), that’s how I prefer to look at shows. I’m no expert critic of course, but I do what I can and if I’ve misevaluated what a show is trying to be then by all means let me know, but do it make it convincing and be sure to show that you’ve put at least as much thought into the framework of said show as I have….preferrably more.
That is all.